Likee vs TikTok – Which One Is Better And Why?
With the widespread use of the internet and digital technology, social media platforms have swiftly become the prime focus of marketers, influencers, and advertisers.
While some already renowned platforms that businesses and marketers use to grow their brands, like Facebook, Instagram, Pinterest, LinkedIn, and Twitter, now TikTok and Likee joined the race.
While the popularity index for both these apps continues to increase, there is a serious clash of competition between the two platforms. Likee vs TikTok is now a hot topic over the internet.
Following the bans on TikTok in the United States of America and some other countries, the popularity of Likee has increased as a result.
Likee Vs TikTok
What Is Likee?
Likee is a video platform that allows users to create short and creative, entertaining videos with many editing and effect tools.
Likee came out to the world back in 2017 and was formerly known as ‘Like’, later changed to ‘Likee.’
This video editing and creating platform comes in several ways that allow music video creation, short video creation, and recreating famous movie dialogues and funny videos to share with the world.
What Is TikTok?
TikTok is similar to Likee because it is also a video creating and editing platform that allows users to play around with effects and video creating tools.
TikTok was launched back in the year 2017 and, since then, has slowly become the most popular short-form video-sharing app. However, there are few video editing and creating tools available on TikTok, and it is only limited to 15-second lip-syncing videos.
Nonetheless, TikTok has become a major source of fun, entertainment, marketing, and influencing platform.
Different Features of Likee and TikTok
- Likee gives users many different video effects, editing tools, and face filters.
- You can also interact with your visuals in Likee by adding quotes, silly stickers, greeting stickers, colorful hair, cute emoji, and a lot more.
- Likee also features some super cool special effects like MV, Astral Travel, Face Cut, Face Morph, etc. Your raw photos can change into fun and exciting visuals.
- Likee also allows users to play around with video backgrounds with exciting filters, and girls can easily try new and exciting makeup styles.
- Try new video effects like Montage, Glitch, Vintage, Sketch, and several different more.
- Likee also features an option that allows users to go live and engage with their followers or showcase their acting talents.
- As well as, Likee also features Likee tournaments, and a fan club as well.
- The range of videos available on TikTok is huge. They include sports, gaming, comedy, pets, food, DIY, ASMR, memes, satisfying videos, or anything possible.
- The editing took of TikTok is very advanced and lets the users easily trim, cut, duplicate, and merge videos according to their likings. There is a separate react feature on TikTok that places a small, movable screen on the video you want to react on.
- There is also a Duet feature that lets you film two different videos at once or film one with another one’s video.
- TikTok also allows the users to set their videos on pub eye, private eye, or for friends only. Irrespective of the fact that your account is public or private.
- TikTok also allows the users to save sounds, hashtags, videos, and filters in their saved section and later create videos according to their likings and time.
- The live feature of TikTok is not for everyone. It can only be used by those content creators and influencers who have 1,000 followers or more.
Comparing the Differences Between Likee and TikTok
Likee is a content platform that is more User Generated
TikTok is a Content Platform that is more Profession Generated.
Likee currently enjoys 150 million active users per month.
TikTok is an older platform that enjoys up to 800 million active users per month.
Likee permits users to add and use local music, but the built-in music catalog is limited compared to TikTok.
The built-in music library of TikTok is always updated and vast. The third-party apps using TikTok are permitted to attach their music to videos.
Socializing at Likee is comparatively easy with live features permitted to all and make friends using the ‘find nearby friends’ feature.
TikTok only focuses on video socialization and changing the dynamics of online socialization.
Video Editing Options
Likee has AR and IR-based technology that lets the users enjoy hair color. 4D magic and superpower effects.
TikTok allows users to enjoy different video effects, trimming, text fonts, frames, video emoji, etc.
You can get the feature of multiple text boxes at exact timings in Likee. It also allows users to change the font, change background, change angle, size, and color.
TikTok allows users to add text boxes with exact timings and positioning. As well as play with the background color.
Compatible on iOS and Android both.
Compatible on iOS and Android both.
Why is Likee Better Than TikTok?
While TikTok may be longer in the game than Likee. But there is no way we can say that TikTok is better than Likee. If anything, we can certainly say that Likee is taking the upper hand in the competition.
Likee has given the users more than one form of video sharing with Live video communication, which TikTok does not enable for everyone. Not only that, but the extent of video editing tools and effects available on Likee give the users a more fun, exciting, and interesting user experience.
Other than that, Likee female audience increases from 11% to 46% after the ban on TikTok. The keen users of TikTok are diverting towards Likee and finding it the favorite video and photo app in the region because of its specifications and features. So we are sure that Likee will be the next big contender in the market against TikTok with its growing reach and likeability.